What you’ve missed. A look back at 2023.
You’ve understandably been busy with your own adventures and happenings in 2023 – and even if you have travelled with Leopard this year, it’s likely that you’ve missed some of what we’ve been up to. We’ve made it easy to catch up by listing some highlights below to inspire your travels in 2024.
I’ve hardly had a minute to reflect on the year that was. It has been a whirlwind of activity from start to finish. I’m not complaining, though, because during the Covid years I only dreamed of being this busy planning holidays for clients.
This year was a record-breaking year for us. My most proud achievement is that 384 people travelled with Leopard in 2023. They collectively spent 3,927 nights on a Leopard-planned holiday in one of the 15 countries we offer holidays to. All of these vacations ran seamlessly, which is no easy task and requires teamwork and organisation on an epic scale!
Some other personal highlights were:
- A trip to San Francisco to meet current and future clients in March.
- The Leopard workshop in Johannesburg with all 6 team members from around the country, followed by two days in the bush, in April.
- A trip to Mashatu in Botswana in May, together with my family and close friends. Read my tips on taking young children on safari here.
- A trip to Tanzania where I did the northern safari circuit and visited many lodges in the Seregenti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park, in June.
- A trip to the Sabi Sand to visit lodges there in July.
- A trip to the Okavango Delta in Botswana and Lake Kariba and Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe in October. You can read more about that trip here and here.
- A trip to Madagascar in October. I will write about my experience on this magical island in early 2024, look out for that!
In addition to my lodge visits above, Daphnée visited Namibia, Mauritius, Qwabi, Kwandwe, Manyeleti and Madikwe. We invest time and money in visiting lodges and hotels is because this helps us offer our clients the best, most up to date advice on where to stay and what to do. It is the Leopard difference, and we look forward to doing more of the same in 2024!
I wish you all a wonderful end to 2023, and a great start to 2024 with lots of lovely travel plans for the upcoming year.
Sign up for more newsletters like this here: https://mailchi.mp/2e4afa50d15f/leopard